The episode starts off with that old chick (Deanna) who runs Alexandria telling the preacher (aka "bootleg Cam'ron") that he was wrong about Rick and the crew. I can't even remember how this lady was designated the leader, but I would've ousted her episodes ago.
So the first part of the episode started off in black and white. I was enjoying the finest treats Seattle has to offer and definitely slow to connect the "past" parts of the episode being in black and white, while the colored portion of the episode were in the present.
**The full episode is available on AMC's website without any login necessary!! Major kudos to them for taking advantage of their own advertising dollars and allowing more people to watch the show. Watch the pre-roll and then enjoy the entire episode -- click here for Episode 1 **
Thoughts while watching the show:
1) Who put Eugene in charge of Gate Duty? I mean... he's such a fucking dope! Ugh... he bugs me out...
2) But not as much Dr. Dre and his fuzzy ass braids! "DR. DRE HAS BRAIDS!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.
3) Wait, did Eugene just tell Dr. Dre that he respects his hair game? Lol... that's funny.
4) Would you watch the entire season in black and white? Does it make you pay attention more since you're not focused on the colors?
5) Rick's bandaids were all over the place lol...
6) That's a lot of zombies in that pit... and that kid was way too chill to have been that close to death.
7) Daryl riding up slow on that hog was the BEST freaking scene ever. He's so dope and currently my favorite character
8) Rick must've forgot that he had just killed that kid's dad... he needs to chill a bit.
9) They finally let Michonne take off that ridiculous du-rag during the town meeting.
10) Where'd they get balloons? Lol...
11) Rick was a sucker to fall that fast for the chick with the husband, 2 kids, and shit ton of problems. She was a major red flag. He needs to be watching Carl instead of chasing the P.
12) Where have they been finding all of these bullets?
13) Eugene's hungry ass was in that pantry looking for crackers lol. What a dope.
14) Boyfriend made a valid point -- Carter couldn't kill the walkers earlier, but was ready to kill Eugene? Dude... you're not believable. I need to see more people AND receipts.
15) Carter is worthless. Total lemon. Let's return him and get our money back.
16) Morgan is so shiny in these black and white scenes. He looks like he's doing the oil cleansing method or something. Shine on 100 hundred. thousand. million.
17) How did Carter get put in the front? Put that fool all the way in the back... or in the middle.
18) Carter's screaming was PAINFUL!!!!! My God. I could feel that.
19) Judith doesn't look like Rick's baby. If Laurie was still here I'd suggest asking for a test. That's Shane's baby.
20) Sasha is going to have a gnarly amount of new growth whenever she can do her hair again. It's gonna look dope.
21) Where did that horn come from? Oh man... can't wait to see what happens!