Oct 26, 2015
It's embarrassing to admit that I crawled out of a bed, from sleeping, to watch this week's episode as soon as it posted to Amazon Prime. With that said, this episode gave me a case of the blues. I can't believe he's gone. Like, he's really gone! I kept thinking to myself that something would happen and he could get himself out of that situation like every other time before. It didn't happen. I'm still in shock.
Sidebar: I looked at a few sites and they're all saying it's a good chance Glenn isn't dead. Nicolas' body could have fallen on top of him and been used as a shield. Another clue is that on The Taking Dead, they usually do a special segment to honor those who died during the episode. There was a lot of vague mentions when it came to Glenn. Another red flag? They nearly ALWAYS have the killed off castmates on the episode they leave. Glenn (Well, Steven Yeun) was nowhere to be found.
Thoughts while watching the episode:
1. The episode opening up with the group and the herd of walkers already has me on edge.
2. I literally cannot with this horn....
3. Ugh... and Nicolas is already having moments where he' staring off into the abyss.
4. Dr. Dre still has those braids.
5. A walker already got someone? Was that the dude who was just saying they wouldn't all make it?
6. These people are so fucking weak and annoying... already complaining about everything. My God!
7. Michonne has nice arms. Like a slightly toned down version of Angela Bassett.
8. Holy shit! Did that guy get bit? "We gotta keep moving?" Nope... WEEEEE gotta keep moving. You aren't part of that plan, sir.
9. Damn. Daryl just left like that? Wowzers...
10. This dude is kinda just being forced to walk off being shot in the foot? The other one is walking off a walker bite? They're gonna have to put him down at some point.
11. Nicolas is NOT a clutch player. They have entirely too many injured people trying to make it. This is gonna be hard.
12. Someone take Nicolas out of the front! He's not going to make it.
13. Dr. Dre has braids... and attitude!
14. Glenn, please don't be the hero! Don't have your story end on this episode. I don't think I can handle Glenn leaving tonight.
15. Nicolas is a recipe for disaster having him come. Just say no.
16. Is he about to write a letter to Maggie?
17. Rick looks sexy running down the street like that.
18. Oh no. Glenn just said "Good luck dumbass" -- they're tying it back to when he said that to him the first episode! Please don't let this be Glenn's last episode.
19. Thank you for checking Dr. Dre Michonne. She tried to channel Viola Davis. Not as strong, but she did a good job.
20. Can you hurry the fuck up Nicolas. Just like, hurry up. We don't need to hear the sad, sad story.
21. That girl is gonna knock something over and make noise.
22. Okay, Rick looks WAY less cute running down the street this time lol.
23. oh no. don't open the door.
24. *Jaw drops looking at the herd coming for Michonne
25. Okay. That girl is gone.
26. My nerves are too bad for this. Watching Michonne climb over that fence has my heart in my throat.
27. Dr. Dre is still kinda shooting like he's in Straight Outta Compton.
29. I cannot even stomach the situation Glenn is currently in. Like, have I even been watching this for longer than 20 mins? Too much. Unable to can. Nope. Nicolas is melting the fuck down.
30. I can't process what I just witnessed. Like, wait..... Glenn. Is. Gone. Really? and to go out like that? Survive ALL of this stuff and die like that? Shit.
31. afdw <---- really typed that because I nearly jumped out of my skin!! Who the fuck are the dudes in the truck? Are those wolves?
32. My heart cannot handle this episode. Holy shit.
33. Sidebar: Dope shot of Daryl hauling ass on that hog.
34. This is like the nightmare fucking episode from hell.
Oct 22, 2015
So, Beyonce and Nicki Minaj just came through and snatched a few more wigs during their Tidal concert the other night. Also, this is sure to be the BFF Halloween Costume of choice next week.
Oct 20, 2015
Can we take a moment to give Carol a slow cap for being the illest, trillest, baddest bitch in Alexandria!!! She's not only holding shit down, but she knows how to effectively turn the fuck up when it matters! Carol, you are the true MVP! Her character has grown so much from the abused, meek and mild woman in Season 1 to this kick ass, take names, then come back and kill them later chick she is today. Carol is my spirit animal. I want to be her when I grow up.
Now that my love fest for Carol is out of the way, here are my thoughts while watching episode 2:
1. She's gonna eat that turtle... yep, she ate the turtle. Extra rare.
2. JSS... okay, I get it. You love your initials. Fuck. (Later realized these weren't her initials, but short for "Just Survive Somehow" lol...)
3. Could you even begin to imagine being that young and alone in this zombie apocalyptic world! Sheesh... that has to be terrifying.
4. Carol is a sleeper cell. I like that.
5. And here we go... inspiration on how to get over your abusive dad's death from Carol! lol...
6. That's a really nice kitchen... the chick with the struggle life whose husband Rick killed.
7. Her son is in a constant state of emo.
8. Hair cuts? Teach your kid how to shoot that gun.
9. I'd hate to be the one to scrutinize the way someone looks on a big ass hd screen... but y'all Deanna looks hella old! Like she aged 10 years since last season.
10. Here comes fake Cam'ron (The Preacher). How is he keeping that white thing on his neck clean?
11. Here goes Carl getting in his feelings. Teenage love... ain't it grand lol. I hope he doesn't get as emo as his dad.
12. What the fuck!!!!!! (JAW DROPPED!!!!!)
13. She better get in that closet too! What the fuck...
14. Dude... they're just killing everyone!
15. Carl REALLY needs a hair cut.
16. Wait, these are the psycho folks carving shit into people's heads.
17. She had to do that mercy kill.
18. Oh, that's the horn.
19. "Aight." -- Morgan with the best line of the night.
20. Morgan... you DOOOOOO have to kill people. Fucking Christ. Morgan is quickly turning into a liability.
21. These people are worthless.
22. Me: Did Deanna just die? BF: Nah, she's just growing some balls.
23. Another worthless person... this fake ass doctor.
24. Carl should just let that teenage boy going through all that shit die. Let him see how long he can make it by himself.
25. She better get up off that floor.
26. Her son is going to have even MORE issues.
27. Why all this black on black VIOLENCE!!!! And no zombies in the scene. Carol is such a fucking bad ass.
28. Thank you Carol. Morgan needs to get his fucking life in order.
29. That guy must've been on like some bath salts or something. He didn't drop fast.
30. I don't think I could get used to trying to stab someone in the head.
31. I think she's gone. They better stab her before she turns.
32. They do realize she's going to turn right?
33. Well, Deanna... get over it! Everyone doesn't make it.
What were your thoughts on the episode? So far I'm really pleased with the way Season 6 is starting off. They're keeping it action packed, suspenseful, and full of shenanigans. Can't wait to see what happens next week.
Oct 14, 2015
The episode starts off with that old chick (Deanna) who runs Alexandria telling the preacher (aka "bootleg Cam'ron") that he was wrong about Rick and the crew. I can't even remember how this lady was designated the leader, but I would've ousted her episodes ago.
So the first part of the episode started off in black and white. I was enjoying the finest treats Seattle has to offer and definitely slow to connect the "past" parts of the episode being in black and white, while the colored portion of the episode were in the present.
**The full episode is available on AMC's website without any login necessary!! Major kudos to them for taking advantage of their own advertising dollars and allowing more people to watch the show. Watch the pre-roll and then enjoy the entire episode -- click here for Episode 1 **
Thoughts while watching the show:
1) Who put Eugene in charge of Gate Duty? I mean... he's such a fucking dope! Ugh... he bugs me out...
2) But not as much Dr. Dre and his fuzzy ass braids! "DR. DRE HAS BRAIDS!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.
3) Wait, did Eugene just tell Dr. Dre that he respects his hair game? Lol... that's funny.
4) Would you watch the entire season in black and white? Does it make you pay attention more since you're not focused on the colors?
5) Rick's bandaids were all over the place lol...
6) That's a lot of zombies in that pit... and that kid was way too chill to have been that close to death.
7) Daryl riding up slow on that hog was the BEST freaking scene ever. He's so dope and currently my favorite character
8) Rick must've forgot that he had just killed that kid's dad... he needs to chill a bit.
9) They finally let Michonne take off that ridiculous du-rag during the town meeting.
10) Where'd they get balloons? Lol...
11) Rick was a sucker to fall that fast for the chick with the husband, 2 kids, and shit ton of problems. She was a major red flag. He needs to be watching Carl instead of chasing the P.
12) Where have they been finding all of these bullets?
13) Eugene's hungry ass was in that pantry looking for crackers lol. What a dope.
14) Boyfriend made a valid point -- Carter couldn't kill the walkers earlier, but was ready to kill Eugene? Dude... you're not believable. I need to see more people AND receipts.
15) Carter is worthless. Total lemon. Let's return him and get our money back.
16) Morgan is so shiny in these black and white scenes. He looks like he's doing the oil cleansing method or something. Shine on 100 hundred. thousand. million.
17) How did Carter get put in the front? Put that fool all the way in the back... or in the middle.
18) Carter's screaming was PAINFUL!!!!! My God. I could feel that.
19) Judith doesn't look like Rick's baby. If Laurie was still here I'd suggest asking for a test. That's Shane's baby.
20) Sasha is going to have a gnarly amount of new growth whenever she can do her hair again. It's gonna look dope.
21) Where did that horn come from? Oh man... can't wait to see what happens!
This scene was everything!!! 👏 slow clap for my favorite character and resident bad ass, Daryl Dixon. Norman Reedus is the real mvp. #TheWalkingDead #normanreedus #daryldixon #walkingdeadA video posted by EYE-shuh (@sixtwentyseven) on
Oct 9, 2015
|Photo: James L.|
I know everyone thinks their dog is the cutest, but I truly think Khaleesi is one of the cutest dogs in Seattle. She's beautiful, full of personality, has a tongue that gives Gene Simmons a run for his money, and her floppy ears are really working for her. Kinda like a model who works that tooth gap or insanely thick brows. Her floppy ears and long tongue are her signature looks. On top of that, her name is Khaleesi (dopest name ever) and she's basically a real life version of a dire wolf.
A big thank you to James L. for capturing all of these amazing photos of Khaleesi and I. Be sure to visit his page and see the rest of his awesome Seattle photography. Follow the latest pics of Khaleesi on her Instagram page!
|Photo: James L.|
|Photo: James L.|
|Photo: James L.|
Sidebar: Similar to how I got caught slipping back in March when the camera crew interviewed me while I was rocking that jacket with the stain (also walking khaleesi), this time the photographers approached me when I had a semi struggle bun and this unflattering shirt I've been meaning to throw out lol.
Oct 8, 2015
There are a few truly amazing people doing the Lord's work here on Earth. Shaughnessy Keely is one of them. She's changing lives... one eyebrow at a time. I remember the moment I discovered Shaughnessy on Instagram (@Shaughnessy) -- I was instantly blown away and spent a solid hour looking at all of her eyebrow transformations. They were beautiful.
Long gone are the days of Eastern European struggle eyebrow tattoos. Shaughnessy and the Studio Sashiko team are using a feather stroke technique to win eyebrows for Christ and it looks bomb! The results are fantastic and look like you've just walked away from getting your brows "beat to the heavens." You walk away feeling like you have a new lease on life and can conquer the world. Also, you look 75% more trustworthy because you can't trust someone with crummy brows.
As would be expected, the wait list to get your brows done by Shaughnessy or Audrey Glass (who joined the team more recently), is impossible to get on. The last time I checked they were pretty much booked up through the rest of the Fall, each day opening up spots for 90 days out. With everyone willing to fly, drive, or do whatever they can to get to the Langley, BC studio (outside of Vancouver), it's a painful waiting game to see if you'll get an appointment. It kinda reminds me of that one episode of SATC when Samantha was trying to out wait the chicks at the restaurant to take Smith Jerrod home with her... patience is a virtue!
One of the first questions my girlfriend asked was "Do they do brows for black women?" and I don't know the answer to that, to be honest. I've looked at all of their social media and can't recall seeing a brown face, but then again I don't know if they post the brows for every client they do. Still, I feel rather confident in their work and would love to be one of the first black chicks to rock Studio Sashiko brows. Also, this is instantly a perk of living in Seattle and being in driving distance to their studio.
If you know someone in dire need of a brow transformation let them know about this contest. The winners be announced on October 10th @ Noon PDT. Good luck... and may the force be with your brows.
Added Bonus: Video Review from one of the only brow reviews I was able to find on YouTube of Shaughnessy's work.