"Your life and the current state of everything in it is a reflection of the choices you've made. It's up to you, and you alone, to create your own happiness. I believe God has a plan for all of us, but we're charged with making sure we wake up each day and are proactively taking steps towards getting closer to our dreams." -IsheaThis year has been a lot of change for me. I moved in with my boyfriend, moved across the country, started a new job, got a new puppy... decided I wanted to long term transition again lol. I've also learned to be accountable for how outrageously emotional I am, have more intention with my prayers, be grateful for the small things, appreciate my friends, value being on time (this was a hard one lol), and enjoy the moment!
As I sit here waiting to pop a bottle of Champagne and do the official countdown (gotta love West Coast living lol... it's only 11:36p), I'm faced with another year and verbalizing what I'd like to accomplish in the next 365 days.
1) In 2013 I lost 15lbs and was extremely proud of myself. In 2014 I want to continue focusing on my health, and challenging myself to be the best version of myself now. I am adopting the mindset of having a year round body and not being one of those people that fall off during the winter and lose my damn mind trying to "get right" for a vacation or summer season. Health is a 24/7 thing, not just a long weekend in the tropics or 3 months in the summer.
2) Have more intention with my prayers. God answers prayers, but I've learned that when I have vague prayers I received vague answers. Have you ever been like, Thanks God... but dang, that's not how I imagined XYZ happening? Me too! I know that life happens and God doesn't always answer prayers in the exact way we've imagined, so I have learned to become more intentional with my vision and prayers.
4) Travel. I am focusing on investing money into making memories, not material things. I'd like to take at least 3-4 trips a year, 2 of which I would like to be International. I turn 30 in 6 months and have my eyes set on celebrating in a tropical locale. Operation passport stamps is in full effect. Another minor goal is finding another couple to travel with. This may seem silly, but I seriously want to have another couple that can take trips with my boyfriend and I. Ideally they'd be in their early 30s, no kids, enjoy water sports, light-hearted... do you know anyone? lol...
|Amy Adam in American Hustle|
6) Goals! I've always been a goal setter, but I think I need to revamp the way I set my goals in order to more realistically achieve them.
7) Dripping Swagu. Yeah, using the term "swagu" might be a bit lame, but I still like the word. I saw American Hustle the other day and Amy Adams slayed in the movie!!! She was oozing sex appeal and drip dropping swagu across the entire screen. I want to make it a priority to cultivate a personal style and not be scared to wear whatever I like. One minute I want to be boho. The next I want to be a glamour puss! The next I look like a yoga instructor. Whatever floats my boat... I want to set sail.